In Sri Lanka, one in 12 adults suffer from diabetes which gives gives us a total of 1.6 million cases of diabetes across the country
What is insulin therapy for Type II Diabetes?
- Patients with Type I diabetes are occasionally treated with ‘intensive insulin treatment
- Intensive insulin treatment often involves multiple insulin injections per da
What is self administered insulin?
Self-administered insulin is when the patient monitors their blood glucose levels and injects their own doses of insulin
What are the benefits of self-administered insulin?
- Improved timing of insulin doses would improve blood glucose levels
- Greater convenience
What are the complications with self-administered insulin?
- Administering the wrong dosage could lead to an insulin overdose
- Incorrect injection site selection can lead to complications
- Incorrect injection timings